How to monetize your website to pay the fees to become an annuitant in 2022? The 2022 news makes you think about how to combine passion and management of your monthly budget. It is therefore possible not to have a 2nd job and to capitalize from home with a website…
It is important to analyze the ability to monetize your website, if you have a strong community, a unique expertise or passion to share to engage Internet users.
Thus, define your objectives well and follow the Kpis (key performance indicators) to increase your notoriety, visibility and therefore visitors. You will need to be patient, learning from your own challenges, while remaining simple in the ability to achieve the Holy Grail with website monetization. It is important to capture readers on the site, but especially to bring them to the site, it is not necessarily easy. It is technical, even a profession.
However, here are tips and observed methods that work regardless of technical level.
9 techniques to monetize your site and earn money
There are several sources of income for a website or a blog. The main challenge is generating website traffic to monetize it:
- Sell products with the affiliate marketing : receive a commission for each sale as an intermediary;
- Offer to sell advertising space for advertisements: Google Adsense;
- Sell ebooks or white papers;
- Switch the showcase site to an e-commerce site by automating the sale of products and services;
- Refer to sales funnel platforms;
- Drive traffic to your YouTube channel;
- Attract brands as an influencer;
- Sell articles or links from your site with Netlinking;
- Offer the online sale of products via Amazon Partner without inventory management and shipping: Dropshipping technique.
What strategy to create traffic to make your website profitable?
Use all internet services to promote your relevant content. Be the maximum site owner with access to your unique content, domain name and website depending on the technology used.
Before you can create revenue or money, generate traffic with the following acquisition channels:
- Natural referencing: finding the keywords that Internet users use by searching on search engines like Google. It takes time in number of months;
- the paid referencing or ads : with a controlled budget and a strategy of profitability between the number of clicks and the sales generated, you can meet with great success;
- Advertising on social networks like Facebook;
- Social networks in photo content, short/story or long videos for advice, tutorials, tips.
Remember to create Business pages on your various social networks, and use your community on your personal profile to boost them.
It is a 3-part system where the customer (the Internet user or the consumer) places an order on the website of the distributor (the reseller) through you. This is how he sends the order to the supplier (the wholesaler often abroad for cost and VAT issues) so that the latter can ensure delivery and manage inventory.
However, the difficulty in mastering the information, the goods and the quality of delivery can commit you. Surround yourself with people and professionals in the field.
What steps should be taken to go from paying web operating costs to becoming the owner of your site?
What is an Affiliate Program?
This is to highlight in an article an affiliate link to the site with a tracked code to commission your work, often with a promo code. Platforms allow advertisers and bloggers to share their work. Thus, it is easy to access content to push. Be careful to respect the RGPD and to specify in the articles and posts that these are affiliated products or services.
Switching your showcase website or blog to a version that orders, or even offers payment, is a real project or a new challenge requiring time or the reinforcement of professionals in the field.
Questions to ask yourself for an e-commerce sales activity:
- Which CMS technology to adopt? (open source, pure code, SaaS?)
- What level of security should I choose for my site and its data?
- What is my budget for graphic, technical and advertising redesign?
What is a Google AdSense account?
Participation in the AdSense program is provided by Google. As a great lord, it pays you for ad impressions or clicks on Google ads displayed on your site. Indeed, getting traffic takes time and thought 🙂
Thus, Google AdSense allows publishers to earn money from their online content. With AdSense, ads are selected based on your website content and visitors, and cookie type data. It is the advertisers who create and pay for the ads, in order to promote their products, from a sale, not on the clicks generated of course. No need to click manually or automatically with robots.
They will evaluate the quality of your content and the traffic on your site. Affiliate platforms are simple and easy solutions to profit from online business.
Indeed, they allow you, as an affiliate, to have a reward for the sales made through you: the brands decide on the percentage of commissions.
Examples of Affiliate Platforms
- Founded in 2003, Kwanko is one of the leaders in affiliate marketing in terms of depth of brand portfolio and topics;
- MyLead allows you to earn money while staying at home;
- Thematic platforms: financeAds International is the Premium Affiliate Network for Banks, Insurance and Fintechs.
What statuses to monetize your blog or site?
Go from occasional to regular income
Earning income is an obligation of tax transparency. Verified on April 07, 2022, should income from an ancillary activity be declared? Yes of course with the help of the tax site.
Thus, you can start in Micro-enterprise because there are very few costs, then think according to the turnover and your income to a status in company to perhaps make it your next main activity, and finally optimize taxation by moving on to corporation tax. In auto-entrepreneur or micro, the tax regime is income tax. Get advice, because each situation is unique.
How to declare income earned on the internet? From what amount?
With digital technology, declarations are to be made directly online on the taxes.gouv.fr website, or on the declaration form to be submitted to the public treasury. Each tax household has the obligation to complete a declaration even if your income is very low and irregular.
If you are not self-employed, it is possible to report your earnings directly on your tax form. You must indicate your income received over the calendar year, then the tax will be calculated on 50% of this sum for the provision of services and 71% for sales activities, with a minimum of €305.
How to declare your income with YouTube?
You can report income Youtube via an AdSense account, with a structure having a SIRET, create a self-employed company, obtain an intra-community VAT number. It will be necessary to respect a number of subscribers and monthly views to be eligible for monetization: 4000 hours of viewing and 1000 subscribers during the last 12 months.